As a Research Development Specialist, I work closely with Kristi Chase in the College of Engineering and specifically, with the faculty and students of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department to secure research funding through grants, awards, and fellowships. As part of this mission, my job is to support faculty and their students in their research funding activities through:
- Identifying sources of research funding
- Providing Kuali Support
- Coaching in effective writing for graduate student fellowship applications
- Providing targeted proposal support for specific Sponsor solicitations
- Editing proposal documents and progress reports
- Ensuring all proposal requirements are met (including formatting, required documents, necessary wording or section headings, etc.)
Essentially, my job is to take on some of the more time-consuming administrative and detailed work of proposal submission so the faculty of ECEn can spend more of their valuable time doing what they do best— researching, mentoring students, and teaching.
My usual hours are M-Th 930am-1230pm working remotely and on campus most Fridays 830am-1230pm, but I have a lot of flexibility to meet other times if needed.