Skip to main content

How to Get Hired

Hiring Process to Legally Work at BYU

  1. Have your professor/supervisor submit a ticket to the Department Controller.
    1. Or fill out the Qualtrics Employment Survey to have the Department Secretaries submit one on behalf of your professor/supervisor.
  2. If you are a new hire, go to Student Employment Services (after you have been notified by an ECEn Administrator) and complete your "I-9".*A list of acceptable documents can be found here
  3. Complete your Position Training.
  4. Receive approval to work from Student Employment.

NOTE: You are not permitted to work until you are notified by Student Employment, NOT YOUR PROFESSOR/SUPERVISOR!